Thursday 5 April 2012

Day 93 - Dark Day

Pin It
It's taken me a while to update this weeks blog pictures as it was a dark day for me on Monday. Our leopard gecko hasn't been doing too good of late with shedding and feeding and I decided to bring him to the vet on Monday. However, after hearing what was potentially wrong with him and how much weight he had lost, I decided it was kinder to ask the vet to put him to sleep rather than prolong any discomfort in trying to fight the infection he had or put him through any other suffering in trying to regain the weight. I was quite brave at the vets and in work until about lunchtime but then it hit me. I guess you don't really realise how much you care for a pet until you go through something like that. I still can't bring myself to look at his vivarium and that night even chocolate wouldn't cheer me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment